Thank you for exploring current openings at Law Father! Have a look below. If there is something that fits, send us a note! We are always looking to add curious and creative minds to our current group of multimedia super stars!
Law Father is a Multimedia Creative Agency serving the legal community. For nearly a decade we have been providing web design and inbound marketing services as well as video production and multimedia trial support to attorneys across the United States. Our core values are Honesty, Innovation, Pride, and Efficiency. We are looking for a Developer who shares our values, loves being surrounded by a talented team, and who needs to be in a place where he or she can really push on the boundaries of an industry.
Law Father’s current primary coding initiatives include developing our agency’s web & video services into scalable cloud-based products. One important example includes our cloud-based case chronology tool TrialLine.
To be the future of legal multimedia, Law Father needs a curious, creative dreamer with the coding skills to transform his or her vision into a reality.
Here are some questions about the future we are asking ourselves right now:
• How can we make TrialLine.net faster and perform better on mobile platforms?
• How can we use APIs (Google Analytics, Facebook, Moz, etc.) to improve reporting of the web marketing we are doing for our clients?
• How could we create the best online survey for new clients that would tell our graphic designers exactly what that law firm’s new website should look like?
• How could we use a cloud-based video-hosting platform that would allow our clients to view and share their on-going video depositions in real-time?
• How could we create a virtual online courtroom that would let our clients understand the best ways to use our Audio Visual equipment during trial?
Do these sound like interesting challenges to you? If so, we suspect you will need to understand some of the following languages and formats:
• Photoshop .PSD design files
• The WordPress CMS
• Server, network, and hosting environments
• Relational and non-relational databases
• How to interact and centralize data with APIs
• User interface and user experience
• Quality assurance
• Website security
• Integrating shopping carts such as paypal.com and authorize.net
We would also love to hear about other languages and tools you think might be appropriate!
Salary and compensation will be competitive ($60k-$85k/year). Our offices are located in the Denver Tech Center, I-25 and Orchard Road. This position is open immediately. This is an on-site/in-office position only. Telecommuters will not be considered.
Curious applicants should set aside about 30-45 minutes to prepare the following two items:
1.) A resume complete with links and samples of your previous web development work.
2.) A cover letter that
• introduces yourself,
• demonstrates that you have read this entire post,
• demonstrates that you have visited our website and that you have some understanding of what our company does,
• and that answers the seven questions below.
1.) Where do you go online to stay up-to-date on industry information
(provide URL)? What is it about this website that is important to you?
2.) What are the last three books you have read?
3.) What are your three favorite books of all time?
4.) Outside of work, what are three things you do that give you energy?
5.) Gives us one example of something an employer did for you that was totally awesome!
6.) How do you go about assigning blame when something goes wrong?
7.) Point us (via URL) to your very favorite online project. Tell us a little about why this is your favorite project, your role in the project, challenges, and how you overcame them.
It is important to note that candidates who do not follow these directions and who do not provide all of the requested material will not be considered. Please no phone calls. Compensation range $60k-$85k/year. Please email materials to travis at law father dot com. Thank you for your interest in Law Father! We can’t wait to hear from you!